Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Whose Vision Is This?

Whose Vision Is This?
by: R.A. Slater
01/15/02
Written specifically for First Baptist Church, how differently I would write this poem today.

Is this my vision too?
Though it was first given
When I was but a child,
Only 4 or 5 years old
And no where near this church.
Can it be, that even then
My part in this church
Was somehow seen?
Am I willing to take part,
To make this my vision -
And not just the "church's" vision?
Am I willing to sacrifice
My time, my sweat, my prayers, my money
In order to see this vision come to be?
For we are not called to this church
Merely to be a spectator filling a spot in the pew
But to take our God-ordained place and do our part
For we are called here for a purpose!
Oh yes, many are called but few are chosen
But whose fault is that?
Are we willing to lay down our lives
To let the Holy Spirit work in our lives
In order to make us one of those "choice" individuals?
We must choose to answer the call
I know my answers to these questions,
"Yes Lord, Yes Lord, Yes Yes Lord Amen."
Do you know yours?


No comments: