Friday, January 20, 2006

O God of my Praise

This was written 3-14-00 at 4AM as the first line can attest. It must have been a rough night. Sometimes, I still feel this way.


O God of My Praise
by: R.A. Slater

Sleep hides in mockery and awareness taunts me hourly
Sins of old and long ago
Haunt me in the still and desert night
When flesh is weak and my defenses are down

O Lord...I want to stand firm on Your Rock!
Covered by Your blood, holy in Your sight,
Forgiven and redeemed
Humble and contrite

Condemnation must flee!
Fear and doubt can no longer keep me company!
Misery - your efforts to linger are in vain
For I am full of life and life abundantly!

Do not be silent - O God of my praise!
Raise Your banner and come to my defense!
Do not let Your enemies get the best of me!
Let Your shout of vistory echo throughout eternity!

Humble and contrite
Forgiven and redeemed,
Covered by Your blood, marked as Your own
O Lord, I come to stand Holy in Your sight.

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A very religious, thoughtful poem.