Sunday, January 23, 2011

Through the Window


Through the Window
by: R.A. Slater
01/16/10

I open the shades to let light in
To look out and enjoy the view
Breathing in fresh air
Well aware that strangers come to peep
And peer through the window
That seems fair to me
Because they let me peep
Through their windows as well
Seeing so many things
Their hopes
My dreams
My trials
Their tribulations
The ups and downs of daily life
Shared by a family of strangers
Connected by a little web
Strengths and weaknesses
Balance each other out
Some more talented then others
But nothing held against another
Deep thoughts here
Poems there
Histroical trivia here
Mundane ventings there
So many ideas and thoughts
Myriad of subjects
All wrapped together
Weaving a story too big
For one person to tell
All are needed

No comments: