Monday, January 17, 2011

Geode

Geode
by: R.A. Slater
01/12/11

It's all I have to give
A single beating heart
Full of hopes and dreams
Innocent in spite of it all

As You had created me
A spark in Your imagination
Not just another cog in Your design
But a rare and sparkling gem

Hidden beneath a scarred surface
Scorned and mocked by the world
For its lack of apparent beauty
It is a rare treasure

For this heart that beats within
Was formed in the secret place
Weaved together at Your delight
Beats for You above all else

My heart has been Yours
From the very beginning
Every dream and every hope
Putty in Your hands

Beautiful is what I am
Not because of what is outside
This beauty shines from within
Facets polished by Your hand

How I delight You!
In ways others can't see
I am Your daughter
And Oh, how You love me!