Thursday, November 11, 2010

Words Unspoken


Words Unspoken
by: R.A. Slater
10-24-10

I hear the words you mean to say
Left unspoken in your voice
Words of regret and sorrow
Over the pain you inflicted
Actions you wish undone
Shock at your own failure

How I wish you would speak them
Ease the hurt in my soul
Cause the ache in my heart to cease
It would calm my fears
And be a balm to the wounds
Healing them quickly

Does it pain you much
To hold it inside
Instead of swallowing your pride
And voicing the emotions
You cannot hide
Though you try

I hear the words unspoken
And heal with them alone
Though I sometimes wonder
What words I miss hearing
Emotions I do not see
Can be dangerous

Let me in your world
Inside your heart
Won't you include me
Clue me into your thoughts
Instead of leaving me wondering
At words unspoken

No comments: