Thursday, May 24, 2012

Double Standard

Double Standard
by: R.A. Slater
5/24/2012

Have you ever noticed
Something unfair about our lives
That what a guy can do
A lady just cannot
I like not the look
But I love the feel...
...of my hands running over the stubs
...of the wind whistling around my ears
...of my lovers hands as he caresses
...of not being overheated
I love the freedom
...of being able to wash and go
...of not getting long hair caught and pulled
...of not being a slave to fashion
...of being me
Yet I know not what is worse
The looks that I get
Or the looks that dart away
As though I had the plague
It is just hair
It does not define who I am
And will grow back
And be in my way before you know it
I don't know why people feel so threatened
By something I chose for myself
That hurts no one, not even me!



...me...

No comments: