Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Weary


Weary
by: R.A. Slater
April 5, 2008

I am so weary of my life
Of waiting and longing
For open doors that aren't there
Of hoping for things
That never come to pass
Even the windows are solidly locked
I have checked them twice
There is no escape from this dark passage
As I groan beneath the weight of my burden
Trying to scream
In a world of deaf people
I find that I am invisible
No breath of cool air
To bring me relief
No oasis in this darkness
To quench my thirst
Blindly I grope along
Needing to keep moving
If there is a light
At the end of this tunnel
My heart feels that it is far off
And I despair of living long enough
To see it with my own eyes
Instead of imagining it
But I am weary
Unable to keep my chin up any longer
Needing rest
And finding no safe refuge

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A very sad poem, Ciera, that has a lot of feeling.