Sunday, June 04, 2006

He Knows My Name

Written almost a year ago: 6-24-05

He Knows My Name
By: R.A. Slater

Yahweh, Jesus
Emmanuel, Jehovah
Christ, Messiah
Lord, Savior….
And yet He is friend
This Being of immense power and authority
He stretches forth His hand
To span our unending universe from pinkie finger to thumb
He strung the stars as a necklace
And hung the sun and moon in their place
With care He placed the planets in their orbits
These heavens declare His great Majesty
There for all to see
His glory is indescribable
And words cannot contain its weight
What am I that God would be mindful of me?
I am but a speck of dust compared to a mountain,
Yet He knows my name
One out of uncountable humanity
My life is to Him the blink of an eye
But His thoughts toward me are without measure
Amidst all creation He sees me
And His love for me is as immeasurable as His glory

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A fine poem with great joy in the lines.