Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Here I Lay

2-8-06

Here I Lay
by: R.A. Slater

Here I lay weeping
No one to see

Wondering what it is
That once again I have done wrong

I am no different from others
All I want it to be loved

I try and I try
But no one hears my desperate cries for help

Are they deaf?
Am I speaking in tongues?

My heart's cry is to be held
But there is no one here

Except for the One in my anger
That I have ignored

How can I go back once again
When where I used to be wasn't good enough

I haven't done anything wrong
Except wanting to be loved

But I am the one to suffer
Along with other innocents

When O God will You hear?
When will You right these wrongs?

My whole heart is crying out
As David did in the Psalms

I am no different except in gender
Can't you hear me just as well?

My God, I am hurting
Please help

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A poem with a plea in. A powerful message. Very good.